Butternut Squasherd’s Pie is not your usual shepherd’s pie. No beef and no potato but pork and butternut squash.
It tastes sweeter than a shepherd’s pie and has a more of a fall vibe, the kind of meal you could have around Halloween.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 Butternut
- 25 g Butter
- 100 ml Soya Yogurt
- 4 slices Pork tenderloin
- 1 Onion
- 100 g Cheddar
- Peel the Butternut and cut it into big dice.
- Steam until tender.
- Mash by hand to a purée. Add the butter and soya yogurt (replace cream) and mix.
- Put the purée in a saucepan and cook on low heat to remove the excess of water for 10min. Add the spices and set aside.
- Peel the onion and slice it. Cut the pork into thin strips. In a pan, brown the onion with olive oil. Add pork strips and cook over medium heat.
- Place the meat in a pyrex container and cover with half of the cheese.
- Cover with the butternut purée.
- Cover with the remaining cheese.
- In the oven 200C on grill for 10min.
- Enjoy it!!!
Leave a Reply