Orange Chocolate Shortbread
Oranges and chocolate are the biggest flavors of the festive season, so why not combining them into an orange chocolate shortbread.
The chocolate really compliments the orange flavors, it mixes sweetness to the bitterness and leaves you with a very enjoyable aftertaste.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 200 g Plain Flour
- 150 g Coconut oil
- 50 g Brown Sugar
- 1 Orange
- 1 tbsp Orange Blossom Water
- 40 g Dark Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Gather your utensils and ensure they are grease free. Line a 20cm square baking tin with parchment paper.
- Melt the coconut oil in a medium saucepan or alternatively in the microwave for about 1min30secs.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, sugar
- Grate the zest of half the orange and mix it with the rest.
- Mix with the coconut oil.
- Mix until it does not stick to the bowl.
- Pour into the lined tin in a 1cm thick layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes, it needs to be lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle over a little extra sugar and grate over the remaining orange zest while it’s still warm, then leave to cool while you prepare the chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water,
- Drizzle with the chocolate, let it drip from your spoon on the cake.
- Keep in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Cut the shortbread into portions.
- Your shortbread is now ready, you can enjoy it with some tea or as a snack during the day.